Setting Attention Words
Where's My Droid comes installed with the preset attention word "wmd ring". If you wish to change the default word follow the steps below.
Note: Users that installed Where's My Droid before Jan. 9, 2012, your default ring attention word should be "Wheres My Droid".
1. Open the app, and click on the first box labeled "Ring Setup".
2. In the attention word text box erase "wmd ring", and type in your attention word/phase.
3. Write down your newly set attention word somewhere you will remember where it is.
4. Click the "Save" button.
New Attention Word Guidelines
- words are not case sensitive
- can not use use symbols
- can be a single word or multiple word phase
- must be at least 3 letter and no more that 160
- can't use the same attention word as any other feature
Setting Customizable Ringtone - for Pro or users that register
1. Open the app, and click on the "Ring Setup" button.
2. Scroll down till you can click the "Custom Ringtone" button under the Advanced Options section.
3. Follow the on screen prompts
Using the ring feature
1. Lose your device.
2. Borrow someone else's cell phone.
3. Text your ring attention word to your lost device's phone number.
4. The lose device will start ringing or the siren will sound, depending on your personal settings, even if your device was set on silent mode!