Setting Attention Words
Where's My Droid comes installed with the preset attention word "wmd gps", but if you wish to change those words follow the steps below.
Note: Users that installed Where's My Droid before Jan. 9, 2012, your default GPS attention word should be "GPS My Droid".
1. Open the app. and click on the "GPS Setup" button.
2. Erase the words "wmd gps" in the text box, and type in your attention phase.
3. Write down your newly set attention word somewhere you will remember where it is.
4. Click the 'Save' button.
Note: The app will attempt to enable your device's GPS if it is off, but it is recommened that you have GPS already enabled to ensure that this feature works. (You can enable GPS on your device under Settings -> Security & Location -> Enable GPS satellites)
New Attention Word Guidelines
- words are not case sensitive
- can not use use symbols
- can be a single word or multiple word phase
- must be at least 3 letter and no more that 160
- can't use the same attention word as any other feature
Using The GPS feature
Note: Do not test this feature by texting yourself.. you could cause an infinite loop!
1. Your device is lost and not in you immediate surroundings, such as your house or car.
2. Use another cellular phone to text the lost device the GPS attention word. If the attention word was not changed using the steps above use the default word "wmd gps".
3. Then, you will receive up to four text messages. The first message will inform you the lost device received the message and the app is retrieving the GPS coordinates. When the app gets the lost device's location it will text the latitude and longitude, a Google map link, and the nearest address to the device.